Dr. Benvenuti established his cosmetic surgery practice exclusively for plastic and reconstructive surgery in Newport Beach in 1983. An experienced and dedicated physician, Dr. Benvenuti has studied extensively with world experts in New York, Dallas, Honolulu, France, and Belgium and continues to incorporate their latest advances in plastic surgery techniques into his daily practice.
Dr. Benvenuti is at home in Newport Beach, where he grew up. His father, an internist, practiced here for over 35 years and his two brothers are local cardiologists. Dr. Benvenuti resides in Newport Beach with his wife and two children.
A caring and commited professional, Dr. Benvenuti spent a month as a volunteer surgeon on a mercy mission in the Philippines, where he performed surgeries on the natives in outlying islands.
He has lectured in Tahiti on Advances in Plastic Surgery. He has also demonstrated and taught breast reconstruction in the local hospital.
Dr. Benvenuti’s practice not only draws from all over the United States, but also from all over the world – Singapore, Tahiti, Indonesia, Turkey, Germany, and France – to name a few.
Dr. Benvenuti speaks French as well as some Spanish.
- Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Gender Male
Education & Experience
- 1983-present Plastic Surgery Practice, Newport Beach
- 1981-83 UC Irvine – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Residency
- 1977-81 UCLA / Harbor General Hospital- General Surgery Residency
- 1976-77 USC / LA County Hospital – Internship – Surgery
- 1972-76 Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. – Medical School *Graduated with honors
- 1970-72 USC – Masters degree, Human Anatomy *National Science Foundation Fellowship
- 1966-70 UCLA – Undergraduate B.A., Zoology *Men’s Hononary Society and Dean’s List
- 1962-66 Newport Harbor High School
- Board Certifications
Diplomate American Board of Plastic Surgery Diplomate American Board of Surgery
Certification as a Diplomate by the Amercian Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) is earned by passing rigorous oral and written tests. Additionally, a certified physician must complete postgraduate training of five to seven years including extensive experience in general surgery and a minimum of two years at an approved plastic surgery center.
Unfortunately, many doctors perform plastic surgery without being plastic surgeons. Although dermatologists, gynecologists, and general surgeons, etc. have extensive training and certification in their respective specialties, they have NOT spent the extra years training in plastic surgery. Often they take weekend courses and then begin performing these cosmetic surgeries,promoting themselves as certified cosmetic surgeons.
Only one certifying board per specialty is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties; the ABPS is the one for plastic surgery.
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Department of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery